PeaZip Portable 3.9.1 has been released. PeaZip Portable is the easy to use PeaZip file archiver packaged as a portable app, so you can take your file archiver with you and work with your compressed 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2, TAR, RAR files and more on the go.
PeaZip Portable 3.9.1 является простым в использовании архиватором PeaZip упакованым как портативное приложение, так что вы можете взять ваш файл архиватором с Вами и работать с сжатыми 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2, TAR, RAR файлы и многое другое на ходу.
This release updates the included PeaZip to the latest release. It's packaged in PortableApps.com Format so it can easily integrate with the PortableApps.com Suite. And it's open source and completely free.
PeaZip Portable 3.9.1 is packaged in a PortableApps.com Installer so it will automatically detect an existing PortableApps.com installation when your drive is plugged in. It supports upgrades by installing right over an existing copy, preserving all settings. And it's in PortableApps.com Format, so it automatically works with the PortableApps.com Suite including the Menu and Backup Utility.
PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds: currently 134 file extensions are supported ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
For archive creation, PeaZip suppors a wide range of compression and encryption standard, from fastes to most powerful ones, and allows to export job definition as scripts to bridge the gap between GUI and console applications, and let the user pick the best of the two worlds.
* Full support (read and write)
o 7Z, 7Z-sfx, ARC/WRC, BZ2/TBZ2, custom, GZ/TGZ, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD/BALZ, split, TAR, UPX, ZIP
* Read only (browse, extract, test)
o ACE, ARJ, CAB, CHM, COMPOUND (MSI, DOC, XLS, PPT), CPIO, ISO, Java (JAR, EAR, WAR), NSIS, Open Office files, PAK/PK3/PK4, RAR, SMZIP, U3P, UDF, VHD, WIM, XAR, XPI, XZ, Z/TZ, ...
* save and restore the contents of archives;
* Use powerful filters;
* handle multivolume archives at once;
* store the parameters of tasks;
* AES256 encryption, etc.
- Additional features:
* split / join files
* delete files
* create a file checksums
* performance test systems, etc.
PeaZip has secure deletion feature, can verify file checksum and hash, and supports multiple strong encryption standards, optionally using two factor authentication (password and keyfile) for increased security:
* 7Z's AES256 encryption
* ZIP WinZip's AE encryption based on AES256 (and ZipCrypto for legacy compatibility); can decrypt PKZip's AES encryption
* FreeARC's ARC: AES256, Blowfish, Twofish256 and Serpent256 - this format is also capable to generate recovery records to protect data against corruption
* PEA: AES256 EAX authenticated encryption [/spoiler]
Release notes 3.9.1 (2011 08 27)
* Fewer FreeArc's SFX modules are now embedded by default: arc-tiny.linux.sfx, freearc.sfx, freearc-installer.sfx, freearc-tiny.sfx. If needed, other self extracting modules can still be downloaded from FreeArc's official website for free.
* Main executables are no longer compressed with UPX, resulting in a bit larger disk occupation (about 7MB) but smaller installer (about 1.5 MB) and less RAM usage (each instance does no longer need to be uncompressed in memory to run)
If it is critical to reduce disk occupation, executables can be compressed with UPX through PeaZip itself
- FILE MANAGER
- Added history popup menu rightclicking on refresh button in address bar
* Added search history popup menu rightclicking on search button in address bar
* Changed low contrast text color to avoid it being the same color of default form color in Classic Windows theme for Vista/7
* Minor fixes
- EXTRACTION and ARCHIVING
* Fixed speed calculation for jobs lasting past midnight
- WINDOWS INSTALLER
* 64 bit version has now WIN64 in application name
* New icons for most common archive formats 7Z, RAR and ZIP/ZIPX
Added: Sep 01, 2011
Platforms: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, WINE on Linux/UNIX
Multilingual user interface (English, Russian, etc)
Developer: Giorgio Tani, peazip.org
Size: 6.38 Mb